Valheru:The Dragon Lords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valheru:The Dragon Lords

The Valheru, also called The Dragon Lords, were the first race and among the most powerful.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, You Want a Second City

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draculmort

Draculmort

Character Sheet
Lvl:
Health Points:
So, You Want a Second City Left_bar_bleue250/250So, You Want a Second City Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)
Magic Points:
So, You Want a Second City Left_bar_bleue120/120So, You Want a Second City Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

So, You Want a Second City Empty
PostSubject: So, You Want a Second City   So, You Want a Second City Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 pm

So you want a 2nd city

Here are my observations on a second city.
First, unless you have a main city that is sustainable and defensible....DON'T waste your efforts on a second. It will distract you from getting established.
What is a sustainable and defensible city? See my article on main city basics. But, the cliff note version is at LEAST level 5 walls that are filled with archers towers, 1000 traps and 1000 abatis AND at least 50,000 archers and 50,000 scouts. Plus, enough resources to sustain them.
So, you have established a main battle city and are ready to take on a second. That's great! They can be of help. After much experimentation and amending my strategy, here is the way I have gone about it and the bottom line of what I have learned. There are three main benefits to my second city:

AIDS IN COMPLETEING RESEARCH IN ACADEMY:

Having two academies let you research two subjects at a time, enough said.

AIDS IN BUILDING TROOP LEVELS

I can build scouts in one city and archers in the other and then transfer back and forth to supply each city with troops. This way I have scouts and archers coming on-line constantly.
I used archers and scouts as an example because they are the most important defense\attack troops; you can substitute whatever troop type you want, the principle is the same.

SELF DEFENSE

This is really the major benefit of my second city, the ability to defend the other. To begin with, know that my two cities are configured the same way and are close to each other but not right next to each other. They are about seven (7) miles apart, A little more that the width of the map. This puts them close enough to reinforce the other but far enough apart to not be seen on the same screen. I can send reinforcements between the cites quickly and this is a huge help when under attack from an enemy that is close by.

A case in point:
I was being attacked by a Rogue member from one of his cities that is very close by. There were other alliance members on-line but none of them could get there in time to assist with the first wave. I was able to use the same defensive tactic we use to defend each other, to defend myself. I was able to reinforce the city that was being attacked from my other city, a few seconds before the attack hit. The attacker lost a ton of troops, I gained a bunch of honor (oh well) and that Rogue player (Rori) has never even scouted me again, much less attacked me.
So, here is my suggestion for a second city, in a nut shell:

Build this city close to your main city, but far enough apart to not be seen on the same screen. I suggest 5-7 miles apart.
Make it a city much like your first city in configuration to allow for research and troop building. Build wall defenses just like the first. Both of these cities should be self sustaining as far as resource production goes.
Use the troop building capabilities of each city to maximize your troop type production. Transfer excess troops between the cities so that both have good, strong troop levels.
Use the proximity and strength of your cities to protect yourself. Let's face it, our alliance is strong and more than will to defend each other, but sometimes due to time and distance, we can't always get there in time.
Back to top Go down

So, You Want a Second City
Page 1 of 1